Sunday, April 25, 2010

Of Beaches, Beads, and Edamame

Today, Ryan, Ryan's grandma and I headed out to the beach! It was very windy and pretty chilly for most of the day, but the sun did a lot to help dispel that. The ocean was FREEZING, no big surprise there. We walked out on a pier and had lunch at a Ruby's diner, then walked back down and then all over the beach, till we ended up on some sand, chillin just like you see in this picture. Actually I fell asleep for a good thirty minutes. I'm a little pink, but it's not too bad.


On our way off of the pier, Helen spied a seal. I don't know how she spotted it! It turns out the little guy was sick. Eventually a beach guard came and roped him off and stood by him so that people wouldn't get all up in his shit. I mean, it's not like I didn't want a picture of a seal, but there is no reason to get really close to it, I'm pretty sure wild animals don't care for humans. Anyways, I thought this was a good picture, a lifeguard running the evil humans away from the sick seal.


This beach actually
had a lot of shells, so I picked up a pocket full. I think I am going to get a pretty glass jar with a lid and put them in the jar with some salt water. That's what my mom does with her beach glass, and it always looks so pretty. There are several Goodwills in the area, I'm sure I can find something nice for display. When I do, you'll see it. I wish that I had a way to drill holes through shells (so I could make jewelry with them!). My dremel bit is either too big or not sharp enough... It just ends up breaking the shells. Someday...

As For Crafts

As a quickie before bed, I decided to make one of my friends a cell phone charm. When I bought mine she said it was cute but she'd rather have one made by yours truly. It turned out pretty cute, even though my beads weren't the same size as the beads on the original charm. The one I made has the pearls and blue cats eye gems. The one I bought is the sparkly one (I added a jingle bell to it, I love having a bell on me for some reason.)










Dinner

As for dinner, I forgot to take pictures, but I made miso soup, salmon, rice, and edamame. Very Japanese-y meal, haha. Everything was a hit, except Helen didn't care for the tofu in the miso (I can't blame her, I don't always like it). Everyone really loved the edamame, of course. It's so damn good. I guess it might be a good thing I didn't take pictures, you might get hungry for edamame!

That's all for tonight!
Janiece

2 comments:

  1. You like bells bc of your childhood. Bells on your shoes so I always knew where my children were. Then bells in my hair wraps, as well as yours. The phone charm is very nice. Dinner sounded very good. I want to start doing crafts again, I really miss it.
    Good job Janiece!!
    I Love You!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, humans are a bother to a lot of things. I hope the seal got back to the sea okay.
    mom

    ReplyDelete