A Delayed Dinner
Yesterday I went to Cosco with Helen and Phil (Ryan's grandparents that we are living with). We shopped to our hearts content and ended up coming home with a lot of fruit (yum!). Sadly, they did not have the Martenelli's apple juice, I was pretty bummed about that. Anyways, when we got to the line, we realized that we had forgotten to grab a pack of spare ribs! So I ran from the front of the store to the back, and back again with the very cold ribs. When we got home, I looked up some simple recipes and decided instead of making my own rub, I would use the BBQ300 and the Chicken and Rib rub from Penzeys spices- may as well use what we have!
Looking at cooking length guides, I decided we would have our rib dinner tomorrow (today), because they wouldn't have enough time to marinate and cook
I've Black Paint All Over My Hands
Onto crafts. As some of you may know heart Alton Brown
, and I have all of his episodes (or most of them) on my computer. I would watch him all day any day! Anyways, a few months ago, I made a 'stamp' of an image of him. I finally had the guts to actually put this on a shirt. The problem was I couldn't cut out the negative space and just use it as a stencil because there were too many small pieces that would have been lost. They were too small to even make connectors! Anyways, I taped the stencil inside the shirt and taped the shirt to the window! When I was done with the outline I sprawled across my bed and proceeded to fill the whole thing
in. After that I added the quote "We've got rules about that kind of thing here." to the front, and "...but that's another show." to the front.
I still have to iron it and then wash it, but it should hold together well. I'm excited to be able to pay homage to my kitchen hero (and unite my loves of crafting and cooking this way as well, hooray!)
That's all for today!
Janiece
Onto crafts. As some of you may know heart Alton Brown
I still have to iron it and then wash it, but it should hold together well. I'm excited to be able to pay homage to my kitchen hero (and unite my loves of crafting and cooking this way as well, hooray!)
That's all for today!
Janiece

Ribs sound delicious as i have not enjoyed ribs since Tony Roma's in Camarillo closed years ago! Also, I like your shirt. Very cool approach to making it too. Thumbs up!
ReplyDelete